HR Officer - Education Sector
HR Officer – Education Sector
Office based, London City
£35,500 - £38,500 (depending on experience)
We are currently recruiting for an independent education provider to find a personable and driven HR Office to work within a shared services department. As HR Officer you will provide excellent customer service along with high quality, effective and timely HR provision, ensuring all matters are dealt with in a timely manner and to provide accurate advice to staff and managers on a wide range of policies and procedures. You will be responsible for the efficient and responsive daily operation/maintenance of the telephone and email helplines for departments.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Support the department by ensuring all statutory checks are carried out on new staff in accordance with role
• Act as the first points of contact for all departmental HR issues and to deal with telephone, email, and written
queries in a timely and efficient manner, directing them to colleagues as appropriate.
• Contribute to the development of HR procedures and practices
• Responsible for changes required for starters/leavers and current employee changes
• Responsible for sickness absence management
• Advising on HR Policy and Procedural related queries from managers and staff.
• Assisting managers and staff with recruitment advice on routine aspects of procedure including temporary and
Skills and experience required:
• Educated to GCSE standard or equivalent
• Previous experience of working within recruitment or HR for a school or college
• Knowledge or understanding of regulatory requirements in relation to KCSiE, Disclosure and Barring and other
School or HR statutory requirements.
• A sound knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel & Outlook
• Significant experience of HR systems
• Ability to pay close attention to detail and maintain a high standard of work during busy times
• Ability to work proactively and resolve issues as they