37.5hrs per week
23k - £30k
London, E1 (Ideally must live an easy commute away from Whitechapel/Mile End area)
Looking for a new challenge? Want to work for a charity that offers support and comfort to people going through very a challenging and uncertain time in their lives?
This charity offers families a chance to be close to their children, while they are being cared for in hospital, and gives them a home from home environment to stay in for as long as they need. The House Manager is responsible for providing a safe, clean and comfortable ‘Home from Home’ to families with seriously ill children in hospital. This vital support gives families one less thing to worry about as it allows them to be just minutes from their child and alleviates financial pressures. The role involves managing the house and working closely with the hospital to admit families and is extremely varied and rewarding. While no two days are the same, most days will involve managing and working in a small team.
• Resilient and empathic when managing difficult situations e.g. family bereavement Experience of managing a small team or service
• Experience of working in a role requiring a good rapport with colleagues or stakeholders
• Experience of implementing Health and Safety policies and procedures
• Able to lead in the establishment and maintenance of standards in the provision of service and compliance of regulations
• Effective and calm problem solver (including crisis management), able to assess key factors quickly and able to make sound decisions recognising when to be pragmatic and when strict adherence to rules is necessary
• Able to work with budgets and figures (training and support given)
• IT skills – Outlook, Word and Excel.
Does this sound like you? Apply now!