HR/Payroll Coordinator based in Harlesden working for a leading e-commerce company. 12 month FTC to start early July. Work in a busy and creative environment with super smart HR people.
HR and payroll professional who can assist with ensuring a high quality and efficient HR delivery including payroll. You will support the UK HR team of this global business, primarily based in the Harlesden site which is in North London. You will work closely with the HR Manager for this site.
Main Responsibilities for the HR Administration & Co-ordination
- Preparation of contracts, offer letters etc.
- Supporting HR Managers on day to day HR case work
- Coaching line managers on policy and process and supporting them with performance management, including probationary period, disciplinaries, grievances and absence
- Exit interviews
- Updating and making changes to employee databases
- References checking for new starters
- Generating reports as and when requested using Excel
- Distribution of employee communications e.g. contracts, payslips etc.
- Maintaining various HR spreadsheets and trackers
- Managing the HR inbox, escalating queries as necessary
- Providing a high standard of customer service
- Contributing ideas for innovative, better and more efficient ways of working
- Monthly payroll inputting and checking
- Updating employee records to ensure an accurate reflection of all employee details
- Liaising with the external payroll provider
- Dealing with various operational payroll needs e.g. processing overtime payments
- Responding to payroll queries in a timely manner
- Liaising with external providers to the HR function including the payroll provider to ensure all changes are accurately reflected
Essential Skills for this HR role;
- Experience of all aspects of performance management, including relevant employment law – from coaching managers through to running the process
- Payroll administration and exceptional general administration skills
- Solid experience of working in a busy, fast-paced and lively environment with payroll and HR administration responsibilities
- Ability to understand and digest information quickly, to be a quick learner and be able to ‘hit the ground running’
- High attention to detail – you love number crunching and know when something doesn’t look right!
- Evidence of working with large amounts of data, extracting relevant information and processing information quickly and accurately
- Experience working on HR systems including payroll systems and providing general payroll support is essential
- Excellent team player – we’re a small but very close team
- Great communicator, able to build rapport quickly
- Evidence of working under pressure to tight deadlines
- Able to multi-task and work in an efficient manner
- Resolute and demonstrated ability to manage queries and requests and push back when necessary
- Keen interest in Payroll and HR – CIPD helpful but not essential
- A real team player
For further details on this role contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR. Before applying please check that you can get to Harlesden. Due to the expected large amount of applicants we will only contact you if you are shortlisted.
Maine HR is a specialist HR consultancy.