People Lead required for a Consultancy firm in the West End. Part-time role 3-4 days a week, salary pro-rata. Some days you will have the option to work from home. Strategic and operational role; responsible for developing and delivering the talent strategy with the company brand, vision, values and mission. This strategy includes recruiting new talent and developing existing talents. This role ensures the talent is communicated to, recognised and retained.
Alongside this you will deal with the day-to-day transactional HR administration. You will look after a client group of around 50 employees. Super smart but down to earth and friendly workforce.
• Develop, lead, evolve and ensure delivery of the talent strategy.
• Have a clear and in-depth understanding of the company brand, vision, values and mission.
• Identify talent gaps and develop plans to address gaps through recruitment and/or development.
• Align and integrate the talent and development strategy within all elements of the company strategy.
• Promote the brand through communicating the talent strategy.
• Monitor progress against the talent strategy ensuring that staff and resources are effectively allocated and deployed.
• Bring awareness of creative and innovative development programmes and industry trends to inform and evolve the strategy.
Recruiting new talent
• Design the recruitment programme.
• Proactively recruit in line with the talent strategy.
• Prepare new staff welcome handbooks and organise the welcome.
• Develop graduate recruitment strategy.
• Run the company review process.
• Define and deliver development requirements in order to meet the company’s and the individual’s development needs and ensure the staff are able to fulfill their full potential. This may be company wide or on an individual basis.
• Identify and source innovative and appropriate development leaders and programmes to deliver the strategy
• Review, monitor and evaluate the quality of development solutions to determine effectiveness.
• Continuously improve the quality and return on investment of development activities.
• Identify and implement creative and innovative ways to recognise talented individuals.
• Implement best practice methods to ensure happy people.
• Promote balance, equality and diversity as part of our culture and ethos
• First point of contact for and be accountable for all personnel and HR-related queries.
• Ensure that all employment policies and HR practices are compliant with employment legislation and best practice, keeping a watching brief on developments in case law and new legislation. Advising on and implementing new policies when required.
• Ensure all HR policies and procedures are appropriate and followed
• Provide a confidential staff welfare service as required by the company and employees.
• Maintain employee records, administer HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment
• Deal with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures, dismissals and redundancies.
• Responsible for managing employee exits from the business, including those on a voluntary or involuntary business.
• Absence Management, including holiday and sickness reporting.
• Ensure the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation
• Responsible for all employee benefits, including pension, private health care, maternity and paternity benefits.
• Other administration including season ticket loans
To be considered for this role you will have ideally worked in a consultancy environment.
It is essential you have the following;
• Passion for people and talent development.
• Ability to think strategically and translate vision to reality.
• Ability to understand the business and the talent and development needs always holding the brand and vision at the centre.
• Outstanding high emotional intelligence with a proven ability to inspire and engage others.
• Highly motivated, with positive energy, personal integrity and the ability to invoke trust.
• Excellent people, communication and presentation skills.
• Proactive, self reliant and motivated.
• Exceptional organisational skills, ability to prioritise and be flexible.
• Proven ability in developing and implementing creative and innovative development programmes.
• Understanding and sound knowledge of best practice and cutting edge approaches to talent and development.
• Up-to-date knowledge of employment legislation and best practice.
For further details contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR
Maine HR is a specialist HR recruitment consultancy.