HR Officer required for an Investment firm
Established business that has grown significantly over recent years.
Stand alone role with an international client group of 42 employees.
Superb benefits including company pension scheme with 10% employer contribution, 25 days holiday, BUPA cover, life assurance and discretionary bonus payable twice yearly.
Job purpose and scope of HR Officer
Primary purpose is to provide an accurate, confidential and efficient day-to-day operational ‘hands-on’ HR administrative services to an international client group.
These services include responsibility for maintaining the administration of all employee documentation e.g. salary and benefit programs, leave of absence etc. To act as the initial point of contact regarding HR enquiries and deal with first line HR queries and requests for information where appropriate.
Duties and responsibilities
Ensure accurate monthly payroll provision across all entities.
• Administer benefits programs (e.g. pension, life assurance, health insurance etc.) and ensure compliance with local requirements.
• Perform back-ground screening and reference checking.
• Prepare documentation for personnel transactions including bonuses, offer letters, employment contracts, organisation charts, pay reviews, promotions, secondments, internships, exit interviews, employee transfers, references and terminations.
• Record and monitor leave of absence (holiday/sick/study leave)
• Liaise with employees regarding Maternity/Paternity benefits.
• Prepare periodic HMRC returns (Schedule 42, P11d declaration) & Workers Compensation Audit (US)
• Maintain existing and establish working relationships with key preferred suppliers e.g. benefit consultants, HMRC, recruitment consultants, occupational health, relocation and immigration services.
• Compile employee statistics for financial, regulator and Government and RFP reporting.
• Co-ordinate and support interview and recruitment processes for the business.
• Undertake HR project related work as company expands (e.g. co-ordinate and implement standardised appraisal system, salary benchmarking information co-ordination)
• Administer Childcare voucher scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
• Assist with the co-ordination of any agreed training requirements and maintain accurate training records for all staff.
• Assist with HR Budget preparation.
• Maintain a sound working knowledge of the Company’s HR policies and procedures.
• Act as the initial point of contact for employees all first line HR queries.
• Liaise with the retained external HR consultant where appropriate for advice on employment legislation, employee relations issues, updating of policies and procedures etc.
• Plan and conduct induction and probationary review meetings with all new employees.
• Participate in relevant HR networking activities e.g. CIPD, legal update events etc.
Person Specification for the HR Officer role
• Preferably educated to degree level.
• Preferably CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD status.
• Experienced in working in a head office HR / finance environment, with specific knowledge of UK payroll administration (and preferably some exposure to US/Singapore payroll administration).
• Experience of supporting managers with first line HR and administrative queries across a variety of departments at different levels.
• Sound working knowledge of HR practice, employment law and employer best practice.
• Accurate, numerate with a strong focus on delivery.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a desire to develop HR aspects of role to undertake advanced HR function and responsibilities as company continues to grow.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Successful at building and maintaining internal and external relationships with key stakeholders across organisations and cultures.
• Organised and detail conscious.
• Able to work autonomously and use initiative.
For details contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR