Payroll & Human Resources Assistant
Payroll & Human Resources Assistant - City - £28,000
Our client, a financial services firm, is seeking a Payroll & Human Resources Assistant to provide accurate preparation and processing of the monthly payroll and to provide support to the Human Resources team with daily HR administration.
They are seeking a hardworking and enthusiastic Payroll & Human Resources Assistant who has the ability to work on their own or as part of a small team.
· Liaising with the Payroll provider to: manage payroll changes, change tax codes, order childcare vouchers and enter deductions, ensuring that all payroll deadlines are met.
· Work with the HR team to verify payroll data for compliance and accuracy.
· Act as first point of contact for all payroll-related queries and resolve any discrepancies.
· Maintain records for absences and annual leave using the time reporting system.
· Conduct quarterly holiday accrual reports for Accounts team.
· Responsible for maintaining accurate payroll and employee data to ensure that it meets audit requirements.
· Assist with the administration of employee benefits. Obtain quotes, set up deductions on the payroll system and reconcile invoices.
· Act as first point of contact for all HR-related queries and escalate where necessary.
· Monitor HR department mailbox.
· Coordinate all employment related on-boarding and off-boarding paperwork for new hires and terminations.
· Assist with the recruitment process. Assist the hiring line manager with the production of the job description. Interview coordination between the agency and the hiring manager. Book meeting rooms for interview.
· Compile audit reports and assist with special projects as requested.
· Other administrative duties or responsibilities as required.
· Compiling monthly pension reports.
· Draft and compile forms to send to the HR team in the US.
· Maintain employee files.
· Tax year end documentation - P11D’s, P0’s, RSP administration.
Knowledge and Experience
Payroll processing - essential
Human Resources administration experience - preferred.
Strong numerical skills.
Hardworking and enthusiastic.
Ability to work in a small team environment.
Must be highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
Excellent customer service and verbal and written communication skills.
The Fun Stuff
Drink trolley every Friday!
If this sounds like the role for you, apply now!