Assistant Director of Engagement - Welfare - Maine Charity
A leading welfare charity is seeking an Assistant Director of Engagement to lead, manage and co-ordinate communications activities that will inspire supporters to engage by giving money, time or taking action.
Main responsibilities will include;
- Working with the Executive Director of Donor Engagement to lead the development, implementation and evaluation of an effective engagement strategy.
- Taking a lead role in implementing our digital engagement strategy.
- Communications planning.
- Managing the website, social media channels and implementation of digital marketing programme.
- Managing press & PR activity and the celebrity and ambassador liaison programme.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Substantial experience in a busy media role, either in house or agency.
- Substantial experience of leading the development of engaging content both off and online.
- A good understanding of integrated communications strategies.
- Excellent knowledge of current trends, developments and best practice in digital communications.
- Proven experience of working with a wide range of media, both proactively and reactively, and of developing and maintaining relationships with journalists.
- Experience of writing and delivering media strategies for a range of projects/campaigns.
- Experience of developing websites and growing and engaging social media communities