HR Administrator required for a firm of Chartered Accountants in the West End. Full financial support with CIPD studies provided. Join this friendly and professional HR team and work for a talented HR Manager. Superb opportunity for a graduate who has some HR administration work experience, perhaps you spent your sandwich year supporting a HR team.
You will work in a team of four and have guidance and mentoring from an experienced manager.
This is a generalist position and you will deal with administration for all aspects of the employee-life-cycle. You will be given part of the client group to look after and have lots of exposure to senior stakeholders in the business.
THE PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To ensure an excellent standard of HR administration service and care is provided to the department and business and continuously work to improve HR administration standards.
MAIN DUTIES FOR HR ADMINISTRATOR:
• Record all incoming CVs onto spreadsheet and liaise between partners and recruitment consultants for feedback.
• Screen incoming CVs where necessary.
• Arrange interviews and administer arrangements for testing.
• Support managers with interviewing where appropriate.
• Assist with the basic screening of application forms and log/maintain tracking spreadsheet.
• Assist with organising assessment days and first interviews including administering arrangements for testing.
• Assist with running graduate assessment days.
• Ensure travel expenses and paperwork are dealt with in a timely manner when graduates attend interviews/assessment days.
• Organising training courses and liaising with training providers to ensure all required materials (ie flip charts, room layout etc) are organised for the training days.
• Send out pre and post training course briefing emails to managers/delegates
• Organise and schedule professional training calendar for Business Group.
• Attend and take minutes at the training committee meetings.
Reward and Transfers:
• Prepare letters and ensure databases are updated.
• Process into monthly payroll.
• Assist with administration for first day inductions; arranging first day inductions with IT, Office Services, HR and communicating the times in advance to the line manager; produce welcome pack and liaise with Senior Partner’s PA over welcome letter.
• Prepare welcome letters once contracts are returned.
• Assist with Trainee induction day.
• Set up new files for new employees.
• Produce offer letters and contracts of employment for HR manager to review.
• Ensure relevant parties are aware of new joiner start date and accurate information by preparing and circulating the New Starter Form.
• Request references and receive all correspondence prior to new joiner start date.
• Enter new staff details onto Practice Engine software.
• Ensure all information held is correct, updating where necessary.
• Email probation period reminder to line manager of new member of staff before the probation period expires.
• Collect feedback from manager following their meeting with the new starter.
• Follow standard leaver procedure.
• Process into payroll.
• Update Practice Engine with agreed leave date on last date of employment.
• Email leaver acknowledging resignation.
• Issue standard letter and arrange exit interviews as required for HR Officer.
• Ensure relevant parties are aware of leaver details, including payroll.
• Remove file from filing cabinet and archive
• Prepare monthly payroll for HR Officer and HR Manager to review.
Appraisals and Training and Development:
• Assist HR Manager with the collection of all appraisal documents monitoring quality and highlighting training requirements (technical and soft skills) – log on spreadsheet.
• Chase outstanding appraisals.
• Booking of staff on soft skills training courses held on the firms premises.
• Maintain delegate lists, liaise with trainers/training companies – act as contact for trainers on the days they are in.
• Ensure rooms are booked, set up according to the trainers’ requirements, arrange catering, and ensure materials are received in advance.
• Maintain irregular attendance procedure spreadsheet
• Send emails to remind employees to return their self certification sickness forms and, where appropriate, doctors’ certificates.
• Track all incoming invoices on spreadsheet.
• Ensure HR filing is up to date.
• Provide standard references letters such as leavers/bank/landlord references etc as requested.
• Responsible for ensuring all employees are eligible to work in UK.
• Responsible for making work permit applications on behalf of employees where appropriate.
• Ad hoc projects as and when required i.e. assistance with annual salary review administration.
• Producing and assisting with the creation of HR reports as and when required.
• Providing departmental cover in times of absence.
PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR THIS HR ADMINISTRATOR ROLE
ACADEMIC AND PERSONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent all round education up to A Level , HR degree preferred.
• Excellent command of English language both written and verbal.
• MS Office Word and Excel – intermediate level.
• Some previous HR administration experience in a busy and demanding environment.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS CONTACT LEE THOMAS-WRAGG AT MAINE HR
MAINE HR IS A SPECIALIST HR RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY
Due to the expected large response we will only contact candidates who we are considering short-listing.