Interim Director of Finance and IT
An innovative and passionate development organisation is currently seeking an Interim Director of Finance and IT for a period of 6-8 months whilst recruitment for the permanent role takes place.
As Interim Director you will lead the newly launched strategy which includes diversification of income streams through fundraising and innovative new business ideas.
Key duties will include;
• Working with the COO to develop the charity’s financial strategy and drive it’s delivery
• Overseeing the delivery of an effective, responsive finance service to the organisation through line management of the Head of Finance; ensuring services are delivered securely, efficiently and to budget.
• Overseeing production of annual budget and income projections as an integral part of the planning process within the finance strategy.
• Providing strategic input, together with the COO, from the UK into international projects, including the development of the global finance Model.
• Working closely with the commercial team on financial analysis and modelling of new service offers.
• Overseeing the delivery of an effective, responsive I.T. and Information Service to the organisation through line management of the Head of IT, ensuring services are delivered securely, efficiently and to budget.
To be considered for this role you should have/be;
• Relevant accounting qualification or equivalent experience (Fully qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
• Significant experience in financial management and (ideally) information technology
• Previous experience of Financial strategy planning and implementation at an organisational level
• Experience of managing an Finance function, with the ability to view the ‘big picture’ and work strategically while retaining a service orientation
• Previous experience of using financial modelling to develop new services
• Experience of developing and supporting I.T./information services strategy planning and implementation
• Experience of managing a multi-disciplinary team
• Proven ability to lead and manage staff to perform at high levels
• Preparation of statutory accounts for audit
• Experience of charity accounting including donor reporting and restricted funding