Imagine a world where every working animal lives a life free from suffering and is treated with compassion. Do you share this vision?
Established in 1923, SPANA’s goal is simple: to improve the welfare of working animals in the world’s poorest communities.
SPANA works in developing countries worldwide, providing free veterinary care for horses, donkeys, mules, camel and elephants, and operates emergency programmes to respond to desperate need at times of conflict or natural disaster. Community training and education for children aims to change attitudes and behaviours to promote humane treatment and reduce preventable problems.
SPANA recognises that the fortunes of working animals and people go hand in hand: in the developing world, just one working animal can support an extended family of up to 30 people. SPANA’s work improves the lives of working animals while supporting the communities that depend on them.
In partnership with SPANA we are delighted to be recruiting up to three Trustee roles. This is a wonderful opportunity to join a highly experienced, passionate, and dedicated board of trustees as the charity is planning its Centenary celebrations.
SPANA’s trustees are responsible for:
• Ensuring the charity is pursuing its long-term goals, effectively managing its finances, and successfully fulfilling its charitable obligations, while operating in line with all legal requirements.
• Attending 5 board meetings and a strategy day every year,
• Sitting on one of the committees, which meet 2 or 3 times annually.
• Devoting time and energy to scrutinise papers in preparation for meetings.
All trustees are expected to use their specific knowledge and experience to help reach sound decisions and provide advice and guidance, SPANA are therefore particularly interested in individuals that could bring skills in any of the following areas:
• Marketing, Communications, Fundraising, Events
• Veterinary medicine or knowledge
• Education – specifically with community groups
• Charity Legal expertise
• HR expertise
As a Trustee for SPANA you may have the opportunity to visit their centres overseas and see first-hand the amazing work that they do.
Reasonable expenses are covered, and meetings will mainly take place in London.
If you are interested in hearing more and/or applying, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com