£38,000 - £40,000
Are you a Procurement Manager with experience in the public sector?
This is an exciting new role where you will be joining the Procurement team of an Education Trust. Our client is looking for a candidate that preferably has CIPD qualifications or must have achieved MCIPS status.
- A confident and articulate communicator, must be able to communicate across all levels
- Pro-active attitude to effectively manage, plan and prioritise own workload efficiently
- Proficient ICT skills
- Authentic stakeholder management skills, the ability to engage and smoothly challenge complex customer and supplier environments
- Attention to detail
- Exceptional ability to identify procurement opportunities and follow through end to end service and supply chain
- Share responsibility for all categories of spend and to develop expertise into those areas assigned by head of procurement
- Develop and apply market knowledge of assigned categories in order to create understanding of customer requirements
- Manage customer relations to drive efficiencies through frameworks and specific initiatives identifying key stakeholders at departmental/organisational level, establishing communication plans
- Lead on Supplier Relationship & Contract Management for the categories. Interface with Trade Associations and other industry forums as appropriate
- Produce expert procurement advice as well as guidance which aligns with best practice
- Ad-hoc duties that assist in the support of the Head of Procurement and the team
If this sounds like the right role for you apply now!