Employment Law Forum February 2017Posted on 1st February 2017
We kicked off the year with our Hot Topics Employment Law forum, which was very successful! If you weren't able to make this session or would like to review, you can find some selected extracts of the talk on our YouTube channel.
Our next session is titled: Fake News: Debunking the Top Employment Law Myths.
Chris Braganza from Sheridans LLP will be 'Debunking' the top employment law myths, and really delving down the true facts of these! Which include:
- “Consultants have no employment rights”
- “Employees have a right to flexible working, particularly after maternity leave”
- “You can’t dismiss someone on a long-term sickness absence”
- “The first £30,000 of severance is tax free”
- “An employee has the right to see all of the employer’s records on him/her”
- "You can’t dismiss someone on maternity leave”
- “You have to discount someone’s disability when looking at performance or attendance”
- “Employees are entitled to three warnings before dismissal for poor performance”
We will be hosting this at our offices at Greener House, 66-68 Haymarket, London, SW1Y 4RF, from 8am to 10am on Tuesday 21st February 2017. For more information, and to book your place, please email Paige Abbs here. We look forward to seeing you there!