Technical and Innovation Manager
Are you a Chartered Engineer looking for a new challenge?
Are you a technical expert with broad experience of railway engineering disciplines?
Our client is currently seeking a Technical and Innovation Manager to join their team and represent them at a senior level with major clients and key external bodies.
The main duties of the role will also include;
- Ensuring that the members' interests are properly and effectively represented to external bodies and where possible, assisting in resolving any issues.
- Promoting improved collaboration in the industry
- Organising, managing and chairing quarterly Strategic Interest Groups
- Hosting meetings/events and presenting to technical and non-technical audiences
Skills and experience required;
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent preferred, and membership of a relevant professional institution.
- Broad experience of railway engineering disciplines (typically, the post-holder will be an engineer with in-depth knowledge in one discipline, plus sufficient understanding of others to command the support and respect of engineers in member companies and other stakeholders)
- An appreciation of the issues facing the rail supply chain
- Good inter-personal skills and written communication skills, capable of working effectively with people in other rail industry organisations and companies