Governance, Compliance and Property Manager
Our client a welfare charity based in London is seeking a Governance, Compliance and Property Manager to assist the Director of Human Resources and Administration in developing, implementing, monitoring and maintaining appropriate and effective global governance systems and procedures and to co-ordinate all administrative matters relating to the International Headquarters.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Coordinating all aspects of meetings of the Board of Trustees and its Committees, including dates, agendas, papers and ensuring meetings are quorate.
• Liaising with external advisors/consultants required at Board or Committee meetings e.g. investment advisors and auditors
• Taking and publishing high quality minutes for Committee and Board meetings.
• Ensuring all agreed actions are recorded and monitored, keeping the Trustees and management informed of outstanding actions.
• Ensuring all governance records including meeting papers, correspondence, Register of Interests etc are kept up to date and monitored
• Developing and maintaining governance policies and procedures
• Developing and implement an appropriate Trustee induction process and coordinate Trustee training as required.
• Carry out independent research into new developments in charity governance and compliance and monitor charitable law updates
• Acting as Company Secretary
• Reviewing contracts to ensure the organisations business interests are protected and advise colleagues on contractual terms, under the supervision of the Director of Human Resources and Administration.
• Assist the Director of HR and Administration with the annual insurances renewal
• Carrying out periodic reviews of policies to ensure they remain fit for purpose, and are consistently implemented across the organisation.
To apply, you should have/be:
• High level of educational attainment, degree level or equivalent is required.
• A legal, governance or compliance qualification is highly desirable.
• Experience of working in a governance, legal or compliance context is required.
• Experience of drafting and reviewing papers, policies or contracts is required.
• Close attention to detail with evidence of ability to produce high quality Minutes and review, proof-read and quality assure others’ papers ensuring they are to the required standards.