Programme Finance and Compliance Office
Finance and Compliance Office
In this role, you will perform a variety of administrative and clerical. You will be the first point of contact for beneficiaries of the NGO’s and the internal staff team on compliance with donor terms.
Experience working on USG (and other government) funded projects; and compliance with 2CFR200 is strongly desirable. EU donor reporting experience is also highly useful.
The Role Will Involve
• Work with the Training Manager to organise litigation surgeries and conference attendance, including addressing due diligence and compliance issues arising in relation to logistics of litigation surgeries and conferences.
• Work with the Training Manager on the grant awards process, including assessment of concept notes and financial evaluation of full grant applications, conducting due diligence checks and assessing the need for additional substantive support to the grantee.
• Work with the Training Manager to arrange project kick-off meetings, check-in calls, grantee convenings, and monitoring visits, including contributing to agenda and circulating relevant compliance related documents.
• Provide substantive support to grantees to ensure they are compliant with donor terms.
• Review interim and final reports from grantees, ensuring documents and records are complete
• Assist with compliance and; financial, administrative and reporting requirements of projects, including communicating requirements and deadlines to the relevant members of the team, preparing and circulating budget v actual reports and drawing attention to any areas of concern.
• Assist Finance & Operations Director with programme budget management, including amending of the budget as required and preparing quarterly donor reports.
• Assist with project fundraising activities regarding local legal capacity building in South Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and other regions as may be necessary; including preparing budgets for new funding opportunities.
• Educated to at least degree level and at least two years’ experience working in a similar role within the charity sector.
• Proven financial accounting (including foreign currency transactions) experience with the ability to demonstrate excellent numerical and financial awareness.
• Previous experience working on USG (and other government) funded project; and compliance with 2CFR200.
• Experience of working on projects with partner organisations outside of the UK.
• Well-developed analytical skills (financial and operational) that demonstrate a meticulous approach to the review of data.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent written and spoken English.