Our client, an international NGO is seeking a Communications Officer to use strategic thinking, creative storytelling and people skills to lead effective communications campaigns across multiple channels and diverse audiences throughout Europe.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Leading, developing and delivering communications campaigns to drive a positive narrative.
• Writing and placing quotes, press releases, op-eds and blogs to deliver and shape positive coverage for the organisation
• Delivering clear, impactful narratives and key messages across all communications channels.
• Building relationships with journalists across Europe in the fields of science, business, food, agriculture, and policy.
• Building relationships with and influencing key organisations and companies across Europe to strengthen the narrative
• Working with agencies and freelancers to support the delivery of effective communications in multiple European languages.
• Working with fundraising colleagues to implement strategies for reaching, recruiting and stewarding supporters.
• Supporting spokespeople to prepare for interviews and events.
• Developing social media content and helping to manage the organisations channels.
• Developing web content and updating the website.
You must have:
• Previous communications experience, for example in public relations, media relations, social media or journalism.
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to write persuasive press releases and articles.
• A passion for, and demonstrated success with, proactive media outreach, including effectively developing and pitching stories to journalists that resulted in positive coverage.
• The ability to think strategically in terms of audience, channels and messaging.
• Good judgment and news-sense: to successfully spot opportunities and ‘hooks’ to secure coverage, and to get the substance, tone and nuance of our message right.
• Excellent people-skills: the ability to influence, network, build alliances and work well in a team.
• A can-do approach: a self-starter with the drive and initiative to take responsibility for delivering communications impact.
• Outstanding English, both written and spoken.
• It would be an advantage – but it is not a requirement – to have the ability to work in French, German, Spanish and/or Italian.