6 months temporary basis
£16 per hour
Interesting temporary position available for 6 months, as a Research Administrator for an independent charity that focuses on better health/healthcare for the UK, focusing on providng grants to organisations carrying out health research. Research is central to their work, and they run a varied research programme.
The Research Administrator will be a key member of the Research Team, ensuring research processes are carried out to a high standard, supporting projects and supporting research findings, and the role is broken down into 4 parts;
1 Administration of contract management, grant award administration and of a portfolio of research grants and
commissioned research projects
2 Supporting administration of the tendering, contracting and commissioning process
3 Administration of events management
4 Ensuring high quality admin, organisation and communication to support the work of the Research Team
• Highly effective organisational skills including, the ability to work on a number of tasks and issues concurrently
and to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Proactive management of workload including forward planning, prioritisation across different areas of work,
anticipating the administrative support required for agreed team activities and a problem-solving approach.
• Strong communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to communicate with confidence with internal
and external stakeholders at all levels.
• Keen attention to detail with high level literacy and numeracy skills.
• Experience of organising and managing meetings and events, including online events as well as for in-person
events scoping of venue requirements, arranging required audio-visual support and production of accurate notes
from such meetings.
• High level proficiency across standard software programmes for documentation, presentations, spreadsheets,
data bases, electronic diary systems.