£40,000 - £50,000
Are you a politically aware and creative thinker? Do you have a policy background in Government or public affairs? Have you got strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop collaborative relationships and command the support and respect of senior stakeholders?
Our client, a medium sized membership organisation is looking for a Policy Manager to work closely with their Policy Director and support the needs of member companies, with a particular focus on supporting and maximising the impact of their policy work. The Policy Manager will work on the key priorities facing members and the industry supply sector, more widely. Including drafting policy papers, some of which may involve primary research or commissioning external research. Another key part of the role will be to help expedite successful Policy related events, including securing speakers, developing agendas, and ensuring that pre, on-the-day, and post event actions, are expedited professionally and seamlessly.
• An understanding of the dynamics between various parts e.g. Government, Regulator, clients, & suppliers and the sensitivities/tensions between them.
• Relevant current experience in a fast-moving policy background. Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and deliver at pace.
• Ability to analyse and accurately interpret data from various sources to inform and challenge policy positions.
• Experience organising successful policy related events
• Flexible team player and supportive colleague. Interest in learning and developing together to maximise the collective strength of the team.
• Knowledge of trade policy.
If you’ve got a background in policy or you are an economist or statistician looking to work in a policy environment, apply now!