Are you a bright, enthusiastic and determined individual with the ability to work independently using your initiative? Do you have excellent stewardship and supporter care experience from a charity environment? Want to fast track a career in fundraising working with this leading organisation?
As a Community Fundraiser you will be responsible for building and managing new and existing fundraising relationships with supporters in the community to maximise income. Encouraging and inspiring both individuals and organisations to, among other things, either hold a fundraising event or sign up to take on a challenge and playing a key role in the recruitment and administration of the community challenge events calendar in collaboration with the individual giving team. You will also take the lead on a number of fundraising initiatives designed to engage local business and other key community groups. In addition to this, assist with the development of marketing materials e.g. bulletins, flyers, posters, newsletters etc.
• An understanding and knowledge of the essential components of community and event fundraising. At least 18 months experience in a fundraising or similar role.
• Demonstrable experience of building strong relationships with a range of individuals and /or organisations.
• Experience of organising and marketing events.
• Excellent communication skills and a commitment to excellent supporter care.
• Excellent written skills; you will need to write compelling and articulate fundraising copy.
• Strong IT skills Microsoft Office; including database systems preferably Raiser Edge.
If you’ve got experience dealing with supporters in a charity environment or working on community fundraising events or activities, apply today!