Are you an experienced communications assistant looking for a new challenge in a charitable company that puts people first? Do you know your CMS from your SMS? Can you write online with a flourish of design? Are you ace at spelling, as well as story-telling? If so, then read on, as we may have the perfect opportunity for you.
Communication Assistant Responsibilities:
• Assist in building our on-line social media presence.
• To communicate with our wider supporter base.
• Maintaining the website content as directed.
• Assisting the Communications Manager in the PR function.
• Liaising with the Advocacy team, on gathering of suitable content and case stories for corporate and supporter publications, impact reports and newsletters.
• Assisting with the design and production of marketing materials, liaising with designers, printers etc).
• Managing the photo library and ensuring it is kept up to date.
• Responding to ad-hoc design requests (business cards etc).
Communication Assistant Qualities:
• Have a proactive approach to writing content, ensuring news stories are topical.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
• Strong organisational and time-management skills.
• Ability to produce accurate work.
• Excellent time management skills.
• Having an interest in charitable work is advantageous.