To apply for this role, please visit http://www.fairtrade.org.uk/What-is-Fairtrade/Work-for-us/Volunteer-with-us/Finance-Volunteer and send a completed volunteering application form to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 3rd October 2017.
The Fairtrade Foundation is a passionate and ambitious development organisation committed to tackling poverty and injustice through trade. We are best known as the independent, not-for-profit body behind the FAIRTRADE Mark, a product label assuring consumers that their purchase helps disadvantaged farmers and workers in developing countries secure a better deal. The FAIRTRADE Mark is the best known and most trusted ethical mark amongst UK consumers.
Volunteer Role Title: Finance Volunteer
Reports to: Finance Manager
Role description: We are looking for a volunteer to assist in our finance department.
Commitment: Ideally we would like to have a volunteer for 2 days per week for at least 3 months.
This arrangement is not intended to be legally binding or to create a contract.
- Accurately processing authorised purchase invoices in the finance system
- Getting the finance filing up to date and archiving historical files
- Chasing staff for the outstanding credit card expenses and cash advance forms
- Update how to guides (procedure documents) related to the purchase ledger function
- Good attention to detail
- Good IT skills – understanding of MS Excel, Word and Outlook
- Effective team-working skills
- Good communication skills – verbal and written
- Genuine interest in finance
What will you have learned / achieved by the end of this assignment?
- You will have gained valuable experience of working within a finance team and interacting with colleagues in various departments
- You will have gained experience/ understanding of the Purchase ledger function
- You will have gained experience of working in a reputable charity
- You will have achieved getting the filing up to date and archived historical financial records
- You will have achieved updating the how to guides
- You will have achieved getting staff submitting their credit card expenses and cash advances within agreed deadlines.
What are the hours?
Flexible, but normally 10.30am-5.00pm Monday to Friday
Unless otherwise stated, positions are based at the Fairtrade Foundation's offices in the Minories, Aldgate EC3N 1DY.
Do I get expenses?
We refund travel expenses (maximum £15 per day, preferably off peak) on production of a receipt or ticket and actual expenses incurred for lunch to the value of £5 on production of receipts, if volunteering for more than four hours a day or over the lunch period.
We regret that we are unable to assist non-UK residents who are planning to volunteer during a short stay in the UK with visa applications, finding accommodation etc.
The Fairtrade Foundation is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
To apply for this role, please send a completed volunteering application form to email@example.com by Tuesday, 3rd October 2017.