Legal Officer - City of London - £35,000-£40,000
Are you looking for your next exciting Legal role within a leading not for profit organisation? A leading campaigning organisation is seeking a Legal Officer, either a Solicitor or Barrister to be based in London.
The Legal Officer uses litigation to challenge central government and other public bodies on social security and related income maintenance issues, by bringing test cases through the relevant tribunals and courts. The successful post holder has responsibility for developing test case strategy to support the organisations mission.
• Substantial experience of post-qualification work as a Solicitor or Barrister at a level required to meet the Supervisor’s Legal Competence Standard of Public Law.
• Qualified Solicitor or Barrister
• Ability to undertake legal case work and litigation, including analysis of legal arguments, drafting submissions, representation and briefing counsel.
• Ability to devise arguments concerning complex points of statutory construction
• Ability to identify public law issues in social issues in social security casework
• Ability to analyse new legislation and policy for its effect on child poverty and draft amendments to proposed legislation.
• Ability to write clearly and concisely about legal and social security issues for a variety of audiences
• Ability to provide a quality assurance function to the organisation publications, consultancy services