Senior Insight & Innovation Manager
Senior Insight & Innovation Manager
Our client is seeking a Senior Insight & Innovation Manager to join their vibrant, ambitious and award-winning talented fundraising team.
The main purpose of the role is to lead a team of 12 talented members of staff in delivering exceptional supporter care, providing effective database support and using data insight, digital technology and innovation to drive fundraising growth.
- Lead and motivate a team of c.12 people, including the line management of three experienced managers
- Drive the use of evidence based decision making throughout the Fundraising Department by ensuring fundraising teams embrace the use of database analysis and insight to inform fundraising strategies & innovation
- Steer & direct the innovation process and support project managers with taking new products/activities to market.
- Develop our digital capability by ensuring tailored & relevant digital strategies are embedded into fundraising team plans.
- Ensure an exceptional supporter care experience is provided to supporters
- Ensure that the fundraising database is used more extensively to benefit all areas of fundraising to increase supporters’ lifetime value & improve productivity
- Oversee the development of a data strategy, where parts of the organisation who are responsible for data work together and integrate data
- Ensure high standards of data quality and integrity, particularly with importing from external sources
- Ensure compliance with all relevant data protection & fundraising regulations
- Manage an annual operating budget for the team and produce regular budget re-forecasts as required
- Maintain high service levels and outputs from the team and suppliers
• Lead and manage the database, supporter services and digital and innovation teams, to achieve all targets and deliver exemplary donor care to maximise income and ensure customer service is delivered across all fundraising streams.
• Ensure maximum net income for the Home through the development of supporter insight, care and innovation strategies and associated financial processes and forecasts.
• Set, monitor and manage the overall Supporter Insight, Care & Innovation Team budget reporting and reforecasting in line with the Home’s requirements.
• Ensure integrity of the fundraising database, developing systems and reporting and delivering insightful analysis in order to improve and inform future activities.
• Effectively lead and manage a team of direct and indirect reports, in line with the Home’s agreed procedures, in order to deliver a range of agreed objectives and targets.
• Contribute to the Public Fundraising and Philanthropy & Partnerships strategies.
• Proven experience of successfully managing a busy and extensive donor / customer care and insight operation (ideally worth millions of pounds per annum / with thousands of transactions) to include database management, insight and analysis, donations processing, thanking, complaint / objection handling in a fast paced environment.
• Substantial experience of database marketing, including targeting and complex segmentation, and using data driven insight to improve targeting and net income from fundraising campaigns.
• Demonstrable experience of managing a customer / donor care function including staff training and evaluation / complaint handling analysis and reporting and the management of reputational risk.
• Strong knowledge of direct marketing, digital, innovation and fundraising strategies used in a charity or commercial environment.