Senior HR Advisor
Senior HR Advisor required - superb opportunity to work in a HR team of 3 and look after a client group of 120.
Modern offices based in Covent Garden. Benefits include 28 days holiday, study leave and funding of CIPD level 7, up to 10% employer contribution to pension, very generous life assurance and heath care, subsidized gym membership.
You will report to the Head of HR who is an accomplished HR professional, an excellent mentor and an exceptional manager. An academic client group and smart workforce.
This is a generalist role and you will be involved with all aspects of the employee-life-cycle.
Key tasks and responsibilities for the HR Advisor role:
? Manage all stages of the recruitment and selection process, from confirmation of the need to recruit through to the short listing and interviewing.
? Advise managers as to the most appropriate method of advertising for vacancies, and manage recruitment consultancy contracts and negotiate fees as appropriate.
? Review recruitment processes as appropriate and incorporate best practice.
? Guide recruiting managers, ensuring that best practice is adhered to, and participate in interview panels as appropriate.
Learning and Development
? Effectively manage the Performance and Development Review process providing support and advice to managers and staff, including staff briefings.
? Work with managers to analyse learning needs for their teams and assist the Head of HR in the implementation of a corporate learning and development plan.
? Working with the Head of HR to develop and deliver management and staff training/briefing sessions, on a variety of topics.
? Provide advice and guidance to staff across all aspects of HR policy, practice and employment legislation as required and continuously be proactive in promoting an understanding of these throughout the organisation. This may, for example, include matters such as sickness, maternity leave, performance management, disciplinary and grievances, and staff well-being.
Compensation and Benefits
? Process payroll changes on the payroll system and check payroll reports to ensure all changes have been processed correctly.
? Working with the HR Administrator to organise and implement the annual salary review process.
? Manage job evaluations, salary surveys and assist in the larger scale reviews of salaries and benefits.
? Manage various types of project work (including assisting the Head of HR on larger scale projects) which may include: diversity, recruitment processes, and organisational development.
? Working with the Head of HR to define, produce and analysis HR statistics for compiling the annual HR plan, and assist in producing reports for the Directors Team and Board.
? Assist in the development of the annual business plans and budgets.
Knowledge and Experience required for this HR Advisor role;
1. Graduate CIPD qualified - MUST be qualified to minimum of level 5
2. Payroll experience
3. Significant experience of working in a human resources department providing proactive generalist operational HR support and advice to staff and line managers.
4. Evidence of having managed recruitment and selection processes.
5. Evidence of managing and implementing learning and development initiatives and systems.
Skills and abilities for this HR Advisor role;
1. Highly IT literate and experience of recruitment, performance management and payroll systems. (Taleo, Cezanne and ADP currently used)
2. Excellent written communication skills, with the ability to present clear, well-structured policies and reports.
3. Numerate and confident with working with payroll and checking reports.
4. Ability to analyse data and compile reports for general usage.
5. An approachable manner with the ability to demonstrate the principles of fairness and openness.
8. Emotional resilience, with the ability to work calmly under pressure.
9. A commitment to diversity and equal opportunities in employment and service delivery.
Interested? for further details contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR
Maine HR is a specialist HR recruitment consultancy.