Payroll & Benefits Manager
Do you have experience of managing payroll for a factory or production site?
This Payroll, Reward/Benefits Manager position requires applicants who have experience of managing a monthly payroll operation, and will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing and managing salary, bonus and benefits schemes.
As well as administering the actual wages that people receive, this role will manage the endowment of pensions, health insurance, annual bonuses, commission payments, cycle-to-work schemes and other lifestyle benefits.
Ideally this role will also be responsible for collecting market data on the gross and net remuneration packages which are offered for employees across the industry in which your organisation operates.
This role will ensure that the Company’s compensation and benefits packages comply with statutory and regulatory requirements, such as minimum salaries and tax liabilities.
About the job
There are currently two payrolls operated within the business that this role will hold accountability for and the potential integration of a third payroll.
Thereare also two upgrades to both the HR and Payroll System to assist interface automation of these payrolls and this role would be expected to take the lead on this initiative.
Interface between the HR team and all business functions on a day to day basis on all payroll related matters including:
• Co-ordination of new starters and leavers onto and off of HR Select, payroll, etc
• Processing high volume of different shift patterns, overtime, bonus, etc
• Monitoring and processing of sickness, annual leave, parental leave and maternity absence, etc
• Working towards the interface between the HRSelect Human Resources System and Pay Select software
• Processing of all payroll amendments and adjustments prior to monthly payroll runs
• Preparation and submission of statutory returns to Inland Revenue (ie: Annual returns, P11D’s, etc)
Benefits Co-ordination and Maintenance
Responsibility for the operation of all Company Benefits including providing on-going support to staff with the inclusion of new joiners and leavers
Responsibility for the annual renewal of all Company Benefits Schemes including:
• Production and distribution of annual Preference Forms
• Production and distribution of annual Confirmation Statements
• Preparation of holiday details to Business Units
Interface between the Company and Broker:
• Payroll provider (Access Pay Select)
• HM Inspector of Taxes
• Ensuring communication and accuracy of information required for Progression Time and Billing
• Implementing and improving key procedures and policies relating to the reward and recognition
• Managing the payments from the annual pay and bonus review cycle
• Managing the benefits portfolio and the annual review of benefits
• Taking ownership of the HR information systems and providing support for HRIS
• Producing Management Information reports
• Regularly communicate with other team members
• Ensure on the job and formal training and progression is carried out so that skills and knowledge remain up to date
You will need to demonstrate experience of:
• Effective stake holder management
• Provide elegant solutions which exceed customer expectations and meet business needs
• Understand the importance of strong Project Management in alignment with key initiatives
Essential skills and experience:
• Pay & Benefits experience
• Strong knowledge of Pay & Benefits legislative requirements
• Strong communication skills; ability to present new concepts to stakeholders
• Facilitation and collaboration skills to gain agreement on system upgrades and payroll processes at senior management level
• Strong experience in accurate accounting and data co-ordination
• Proficiency in a variety of tools used for the HR and Payroll
• Self-motivation. You are proactive, identifying areas for improvement and take the initiative to implement
For further details contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR
Maine HR is acting as an employment agency
Maine HR is a specialist HR Recruitment Consultancy