Emergency Call Handlers
We are currently seeking to recruit for Emergency Call Handlers to be based within a NHS Hospital in (West London) for a long-term temporary assignment. This is an interesting opportunity for a caring professional who has customer service experience and the ability to prioritise crisis patient calls and provide appropriate advice to concerned patients who may be in distress.
Our client will provide full-time paid training over a 4 week period (rate of pay £8.50 per hour). Upon successful completion of the course the rate of pay will increase to £11.16. This role will only be suitable to someone who has the flexibility to conduct shift work (to include nights and weekends). The ideal candidate will have excellent communication, telephone and administration skills in addition to customer services experience (call-centre experience desired, but not essential).
The purpose of this role is to deliver an effective and competent level of accurate call handling for callers to the “Out of Hours” and 111 NHS Service. You will be the first point of call liaising with patients and prioritising calls presenting clinical symptoms through a 24 hour period.
Immediate requirements of this role:
• Available to attend an immediate screening-interview
• Conduct a criminal records check (Enhanced DBS Disclosure)
• Available to attend a full-time Pathways training course which will be held from 31st May 2016 to 1st July 2016, between 9.00am to 5.00pm (Monday to Friday)
• Telephone/Reception Experience (NHS reception experience desired not essential)
• Ability to remain calm in a crisis and communicate effectively
• Ability to listen carefully and record information accurately
• Ability to deal effectively with difficult/stressed customers
• Educated to GCSE or equivalent level
If you interested in applying for this role and would like to be considered for the NHS Call Handler position, please contact: Natasha Bryce-Grey (Temp Consultant – City Division)