Learning & Development Manager
Learning & Development Manager required. Superb opportunity to take on a newly created stand-alone role working closely with the HR team. Impressive benefits including 40 days holiday a year.
You will lead and co-ordinate learning and development activity across the organisation to ensure the business achieves it's strategic objectives. Working in partnership with Senior Managers and promoting a strong culture of learning and development.
Main Responsibilities for L&D Manager
Work in partnership with the Head of areas, and the HR team to coordinate L&D activity to deliver the business learning and development strategy.
Commission the development of learning programmes, supporting the briefs and requirements of the heads of services. Actively keep updated on external trends, pressures and forces that will impact the organisation and educate and support through a partnering approach.
Support a blended approach to learning and development incorporating the most appropriate methods for the needs of that particular client group and training objective.
Plan departmental/functional training budgets, forecast costs and delegate numbers as required by organisational planning and budgeting systems.
Stay informed as to relevant skill and qualifications levels required by staff for effective performance, and circulate requirements and relevant information to the organisation as appropriate.
Produce detailed analytics on the measurement of training. Produce and present reports as and when required.
• Promote and maintain the on boarding site for new joiners.
• Coordinate the design and delivery of corporate L&D activities and development programmes
• Organise the administration of the monthly Corporate Induction ensuring that all new starters for the month attend.
• Roll out and maintain any corporate wide programmes e.g. Customer Service training
• Work with the Executive Team and the Leadership Team to identify and nurture talent within the organisation.
• Manage and implement the high performance leadership model
• Support the Head of HR in delivering all leadership programmes including the Emerging Leaders and Advanced Leaders programmes. Design and implement and changes to the programme.
• Roll out the Manager’s Toolkit programme to new and upcoming managers as often as the business requires.
• Support the design and production of HR materials to improve communication and people engagement. E.g. employee handbook and L&D booklets.
• Design and maintain an e-learning training package, including a manager’s induction.
Required for this Learning & Development Manager role;
• CPP or CIPD part qualified.
• Strong commitment to creating a learning environment.
• Commitment to improving customer service standards.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision and balance a busy and varied workload, working under pressure to tight deadlines.
• An understanding of the importance of equality and diversity in the provision of a Human Resources service.
• Experience of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other Windows systems.
• Proven ability to business partner with senior manager across the organisation
For further details on this Learning & Development position contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR.
Maine HR is a specialist HR recruitment consultancy.