HR Business Partner
HR Business Partner required - Based in Barking, Essex.
This is a superb fixed-term opportunity (up to 12 months) for an experienced HR Manager/ HR Business Partner within a busy, operational contact centre environment. You will lead a team of 2 direct reports and 1 indirect report, you will be responsible for the delivery of the People Plan which integrates with the business strategy and delivers against the business objectives.
Key Responsibilities for the HRBP role;
• Develop and deliver the people plan for the operational units working closely with key stakeholders and business leaders
• Effectively manage change within the operational units; developing change plans and managing the end-to-end process
• Develop, deliver and optimise recruitment plans to ensure the recruitment of the best fit candidates in a timely & cost effective manner
• Ensure that you are a cultural champion; making clear what behaviours are expected within the team to ensure a cohesive working environment
• Ensure that the on-boarding process delivers a positive candidate experience to ensure early engagement of new employees
• Coach, support & challenge line managers in delivering the people plan, empowering teams and managing performance in line with company policy
• Support Line Managers in managing Employee Relations issues, ensuring they are dealt with both professionally, legally & in a timely manner; including effective management of short term & long term absence in accordance with Company policy & processes. Driving improvements in absence costs & improving productivity
• Provide accurate, timely, practical advice on all HR & employee relations matters ensuring best practice people processes are delivered which are alignment to UK employment legislation
• Ensure an effective, professional & compliant HR related administration service is delivered. Liaising with key departments - Payroll, central HR functions etc.
• Manage the Contact Centre and Commercial Operations HR team to ensure an efficient & accurate HR service is delivered with high standards of customer service
• Ensure HR policies and procedures are up to date with relevant legislation and communicated as appropriate
• Take ownership lead & participate in HR related projects & initiatives
• Provide & monitor HR KPI’s reviewing & create action plans to deliver against agreed targets & objectives
• Provide support and guidance on structural changes, role changes, job details & salary grading & benchmarking
• Monitor the effectiveness of HR programmes & initiatives to ensure the business can attract, develop & retain high performing colleagues, ensuring best fit HR process are embedded & reviewed.
Experience and Skills Required for this HRBP role
• Previous experience of working in a HR capacity within a contact centre (preferred) or operational environment
• Previous experience of managing a small team
• Experience of change management (restructure/ redundancy etc.)
• Understanding of appropriate employee engagement techniques
• Good working knowledge of Outlook and MS Office applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
• Full or part CIPD qualified
For further information on this HR Business Partner role contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR.
Maine HR is a specialist HR recruitment consultancy.