P/T HR Assistant
Part time HR Assistant required - 28 hours a week. Join a law firm in the City and work with a friendly and professional team. Beautiful offices in the City. You must work Monday - Friday but you can choose your hours. £25,000 pro-rata. Excellent benefits package which includes; child care vouchers, discounts in restaurants, life assurance, 24 days hols plus you accrue 1 day after completing a full year; max of 27 days, healthcare and pension.
Part time HR Assistant main responsibilities
• Responsible for running regular HR reports; including the preparation and submission of monthly headcount reports, management board reports, weekly holiday reports and reports required by the Head of HR.
• Administration of the end-to-end new starter and leaver processes, ensuring all documentation is completed, filed and HR systems are updated accordingly.
• Manage new starter set-up prior to joining, including preparing new joiner packs, conduct pre-employment checks and new starter inductions.
• Prepare HR letters and documents, including offers of employment, contractual change letters, maternity/paternity, probation reviews, leaver documentation etc.
• Support the HR Advisors with providing assistance and advice with regard to the day to day application of HR policies and procedures, including holiday, absence and HR system queries.
• Administration of monthly Payroll, including season ticket loan requests and assist in ensuring new starter benefit submissions are completed.
• Assist with the annual and interim performance review process to ensure all performance reviews take place and are documented appropriately.
• Assist with annual administration of work experience placements and trainee contracts.
• Provide assistance, as required, to the HR Advisors with handling employee relations, disciplinary or grievance issues arising; providing appropriate and timely support and maintaining appropriate records.
• Update and maintain the HR system, personnel files and other data sources in a timely manner.
To be considered for this part time HR Assistant position you will have the following;
• Graduate calibre, with a desire to pursue a CIPD qualification.
• Strong IT skills with experience of HR databases (Cascade desirable), Outlook, Excel and Word.
• Experience of working in a busy HR environment at Assistant level, preferably in a professional services environment.
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines whilst maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy at all times.
• Ability to act on own initiative with minimum guidance and with good understanding of end-to-end HR practices.
• A strong team orientation with the ability to work independently.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Professional approach and appearance with complete confidentiality at all times.
For further details on the part time HR Assistant vacancy contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR
Maine HR is a specialist HR Recruitment Consultancy.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.