Investment firm in the West End require an experienced HR Officer to provide HR Admin and payroll support to the business. International client group; London, New York and Singapore.
This company has grown rapidly.
HR Officer duties
• Ensure accurate monthly payroll provision across all entities
• Administer benefits programs (e.g. pension, life assurance, health insurance etc.) and ensure compliance with local requirements.
• Perform back-ground screening and reference checking.
• Prepare documentation for personnel transactions including bonuses, offer letters, employment contracts, organisation charts, pay reviews, promotions, secondments, internships, exit interviews, employee transfers, references and terminations.
• Record and monitor leave of absence (holiday/sick/study leave)
• Liaise with employees regarding Maternity/Paternity benefits.
• Maintain existing and establish working relationships with key preferred suppliers e.g. benefit consultants, HMRC, recruitment consultants, occupational health, relocation and immigration services.
• Compile employee statistics for financial, regulator and Government and RFP reporting.
• Co-ordinate and support interview and recruitment processes for the business.
• Undertake HR project related work as company expands (e.g. co-ordinate and implement standardised appraisal system, salary benchmarking information co-ordination)
• Administer Childcare voucher scheme and Employee Assistance Programme.
• Assist with the co-ordination of any agreed training requirements and maintain accurate training records for all staff.
• Assist with HR Budget preparation.
• Maintain a sound working knowledge of the Company’s HR policies and procedures.
• Act as the initial point of contact for employees all first line HR queries.
• Liaise with the retained external HR consultant where appropriate for advice on employment legislation, employee relations issues, updating of policies and procedures etc.
• Plan and conduct induction and probationary review meetings with all new employees.
• Participate in relevant HR networking activities e.g. CIPD, legal update events etc.
For this role you will be;
• Preferably educated to degree level.
• Preferably CIPD qualified or working towards CIPD status.
• Experienced in working in a head office HR / finance environment, with specific knowledge of UK payroll administration.
• Experience of supporting managers with first line HR and administrative queries across a variety of departments at different levels.
• Sound working knowledge of HR practice, employment law and employer best practice.
• Accurate, numerate with a strong focus on delivery.
• Demonstrates a willingness to learn and a desire to develop HR aspects of role to undertake advanced HR function and responsibilities as company continues to grow.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
• Successful at building and maintaining internal and external relationships with key stakeholders across organisations and cultures.
• Organised and detail conscious.
• Able to work autonomously and use initiative.
For further details contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.