HR CONSULTANT - JOIN A PROFESSIONAL SERVICES FIRM IN COVENT GARDEN
Work with external clients to provide an outsourced recruitment and HR solution.
You will support international clients and these range from global groups, owner managed businesses and charities. Your experience and market focus will enable you to provide these clients with professional HR expertise and a personal service.
A stand alone role and you will be given full responsibility for a portfolio of clients.
You will give excellent advice regarding day-to-day HR matters as the need arises. You must be capable of recruiting, both via using agencies and through direct sourcing of candidates, into accounting and administrative roles both for clients and for the firm. When needed you can seek advice from third parties such as Employment lawyers. The role will include the implementation of new clients.
You will also build relationship with external agencies, especially recruitment agencies, and manage these from a relationship and an administrative perspective.
Services that are expected to fall under your remit;
• HR policies
• Recruitment, to include sourcing and reviewing CV’s and completion of first interviews
• Running technical, psychometric and aptitude testing as a part of agree recruitment processes
• Reference checking
• Maintaining HR records
• Tracking holiday and sickness
• Liaise with occ. Health
• Internal communications
• Staff appraisals/development
• Arranging training
• Running, as opposed to advising on, grievances and disciplinary processes
• Provision/review of staff handbook
• CRB checks
• Maternity, paternity and flexible working requests
• Tracking and sourcing training
HR Consultant; Academic and personal requirements
• Educated to degree level or equivalent and CIPD (or part) qualified (or equivalent)
• Solid operational HR experience in recruitment and administration of HR policy and procedure
• Excellent organisation skills and credibility with client groups
• Ability to multi-task and exercise sound judgement in situations
• Proactive in approach
• Gathers information and analyses situations in an accurate and organised fashion. Quickly grasps issues
• Has a positive impact with good verbal and written communication skills
• Can prioritise conflicting demands
• Builds and maintains good working relationships with clients and staff at all levels
• Responds to requests in a timely manner; managing expectations and building trust and respect
• Existing experience gained within a professional services environment, ideally within an accountancy firm.
For further details contact Lee Thomas-Wragg at Maine HR
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.