A not-for-profit organization who also boast the home of a leading sport are providing a fantastic opportunity for a Payroll Controller. As a knowledgeable and experienced Payroll Controller; you will gain an insight into a progressive and well established business, as well as the opportunity to showcase your analytical and professional work ethic. As a Payroll Controller, some of your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring all correspondence is actioned in a professional manner
• Liaising with the HR team to ensure employee and new starter information is accurate and maintained
• Amending all files ensuring these are authorized and recorded
• Reviewing weekly and monthly timesheets
• Coordinating payroll deadlines
• Processing payroll and payroll slips and payslips to a high and accurate standard
• Reconciling any control accounts
• Maintaining payroll records
• Ensuring pensions and any statutory deductions are calculated, reduced etc.
• Processing correspondence relating to HMRC
• Keeping up to date with any changes in employment law
• Preparing annual settlement agreements and pension schemes returns
• Preparing relevant data for pension schemes, tax years, P45s, P46s and P60s
• Carrying out analytical reports relating to the financial status of the business and its budgets
The successful Payroll Controller will thrive on paying exceptional attention to detail, have a strong work ethic and take a flexible and open-minded approach to your work. It is essential the right Payroll Controller feels comfortable communicating in person and over the phone and has an excellent command of Microsoft Excel.